Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Web Tool to check any site status

Today, when I tried to commit some project code changes to SVN server (hosted on sourceforge.net) I got error. Then I tried to open sourceforge.net in a browser and it said “page cannot be displayed”. Ping and tracert also failed with request time out.

I knew sourceforge.net is down, but to make sure there is no problem with my network/proxy settings, I wanted somebody from outside my network to try and tell whether sourceforge.net is working for them or not. But unfortunately there is none of my friend was online at that time.

Found this site(http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/) - which tries the given site and tells whether it is up or not. This is site contents too cool, just contains what you want. Without this site, it is little harder to find whether the problem is with local network or actually the site is down.

0 comments: